This Hamilton Beach toaster oven has a patented built-in probe technology. How it works is that it has a food thermometer provided which you can plug into the oven jack below the control panel. As soon as your preset heat level is reached, the oven will instantly shut off after a beeping signal.
The cooking modes include bake, convection, broil, toast and warm apart from probe pointed out above. The warm function here is likewise worth pointing out in further information. Convection and probe modes, you can press the warm button at any time during the cooking cycle if you like to keep your food warm after using the bake. As soon as the cooking is done, the oven will automaticlly switch to the warm mode for a car default time of 2 hours. When dinner is not all set to be served, this is a convenient way to automatically keep your food heated.
Controls are operated with a touchpad. The functions are all noted out while the timer and temperature level are changed with the arrow keys and reflected in the LED screen. The probe can be saved away in the small storage compartment at the bottom of the control board so it is always within reach.
With the Forget and set Toaster Oven, technology takes a huge leap forward. Serve perfectly cooked meat every time with the built-in probe that will warm your food to the perfect temperature level. Simply place the probe, set the preferred meat temperature and the Forget and set Toaster Oven can move to keep warm when the temperature level is reached. For standard cooking, by hand choose the toast, bake, convection, broil, or warm settings.
Hamilton Beach Convection Toaster Ovens offer the convenience of an oven and the speed of convection cooking in one hassle-free home appliance. You’ll save great deals of cooking time the convection mode in this toaster oven cooks food up to 25% faster by distributing heated air uniformly around food as it cooks.
– Custom-made cooking at its easiest-chose Probe to cook by temperature level or cook by time
– Fits a 12″ pizza or 7.5 lb chicken
– 6 piece capability
– Bake, toast, broil and convection settings
– Easy clean interior
– Digital 2 hour timer with car shutoff
– Slide-out crumb tray
– Bake pan and broil grid included
– Toasts relatively uniformly and turns out a great variety of shades of toast from light to dark
– Bakes a cake almost in addition to a traditional oven
– Roasts a lovely 7 pound chicken utilizing the probe
– 5 toast settings
– Can hold a 12-inch pizza
– Thorough manual consists of cooking charts
– Includes temperature level probe and has a compartment to store it
– Convection cooking capabilities
– Nonstick interior
– Shuts off automatically with timed baking and can be programmed to instantly go into warm mode for two hours
– Difficult to fit 6 pieces on rack for toasting
– Took a very long time to broil chicken breasts
– Accessories need hand cleansing
In general, the Hamilton Beach 31230 offers fine cooking results although it is on the slow side when heating up. At 1400 watts, it will not be as effective as a 1800-watt oven like the Breville BOV800XL. This Hamilton Beach Forget & set toaster oven is more fairly priced compared to the leading end designs. It is not the best model in our books but close enough with its distinct function. The only real concern is the shattering glass door but if that has been looked after by the manufacturer, then this would make a good buy for the cash.