The battery life that is limited would be the best complaint in the testimonials. On a full charge, the DC35 only lasts between 15 and 12 minutes during its setting. On the “Max” setting, which will be for cleaning bigger messes, the run time is between five and six minutes. Given that the DC35 takes over three hours to control fully, many reviewers find it to be unacceptable.
In addition to the battery, many reviews note that the small dirt container requires cleaning and emptying. There are also a number of complaints regarding the absence of suction and inability to pick up larger chunks of dirt from the floor, even about the “Max” setting. Some reviewers remark that strands of hair in particular get wrapped around the tube and cause the vacuum to jam. There are complaints by a few reviewers that the engine stopped running after a few applications, but there are a limited number of these complaints.
Dyson DC58 shuts off while in use, the vacuum is functioning normally then abruptly shuts off!
– Low battery level
It seems easy but a battery that is dead is the cause of the vacuum while in use. Charge the vacuum battery. Following the battery is completely charged, power on the device.
– Blockage of nozzle/attachments
The vacuum will automatically shut off to prevent any damage when a part becomes clogged or blocked. To blockages turn off the power and unplug the vacuum. Remove the instrument head in the batter. Then, remove in the vacuum base. Visually inspect the neck/base of this instrument head, the inside of the wand, and the inlet of the vacuum base. Remove any blockages that are visible. Power continue with regular use and on vacuum after blockages are removed.
– Clogged filter
If the filter becomes blocked the vacuum will not function properly. Just pull on the filter and then wash it under running water for a minimum of 2 minutes. Rinse and gently shake the filter to remove any built up debris. Gently wring out the filter to eliminate excess water. Place the filter into a warm dry environment to allow it to dry for 24 hours. Into the vacuum, place the filter back after a minimum of 24 hours and continue with regular use.
– Charge time is relatively short at around 3-1/2 hours
– Floor attachment includes a motorized brush roll that works great on both bare floor and carpeting
– May be used as a stick vacuum on flooring and a handheld on sofas, chairs, stairs and other hair to wash areas
– Just weighs 4.85 pounds together with the tube and flooring tool attached
– Dirt container is transparent so you see whether it needs to be emptied
– Filter will last the lifetime of this machine
rotational speed manner gives you the choice to wash more stubborn grime
– Floor attachment could be swiveled
– Simple to wash beater bar
– You do not have to remove the filter when emptying dirt
– Charger is wall mountable and you’ll be able to store up to 2 attachments with it.